Le ment Sparkling Oil Cleansing & Shampoo


Le ment Sparkling Oil Cleansing & Shampoo  2,400yen
It's been more than 2 weeks since I updated this blog last -I apologise for the lack of consistency with my blog, but this time I have an excuse. I caught a nasty flu at the beginning of March, which stopped me from eating and sleeping for more than a week. Fortunately I am recovered from it completely now, but it reminded me how I should be careful not to catch flu during winter -it's massive in Japan, that more than 11 million people apparently caught flu this season. Yikes! Anyway, enough of my excuses. I will try my best to update this blog more consistently, or if you read Japanese check out my Japanese blog that I update almost every single day. I also post one photo at least per day on my Instagram, too!

Moving on to the product review. Today I am reviewing this shampoo that comes out as a foam. Sounds gimmicky? Probably. Does it actually work? Absolutely.

Le ment Sparkling Oil Cleansing Shampoo contains Argan oil, Baobab oil, Lipidure, Keratin and Fullerene, which makes it very moisturising yet not heavy in the hair. It also contain highly concentrated carbonation that deep cleanses the pores and draws out impurities that normal shampoo cannot cleanse, while leaving a moisturising feel to the scalp. It also removes the alkaline residue after colouring, highlighting or perming your hair and bring it back to the healthy state -which is mild acidity.


Shake the tin well before use,  and push the nozzle to dispense this fine, bouncy foam of shampoo. It's not the weak foam that disappears within 5 seconds. It's a foam that you might be able to play tennis with -which of course you cannot but you know what I mean!

As you massage it into your hair and scalp, it lathers even more. It's actually really fun to keep massaging it into your hair and feel how much foam it creates. A little bit goes a long way, and a small amount of foam actually lathers up quite a lot that it coats all my hair easily.

Another thing I love about this shampoo is the scent. It has this floral scent that reminds me of young Japanese girls for some reason. It's not like a fragrance that high-end haircare products have. It's more like the one drugstore haircare products targeting younger girls tend to have. I might not be a university student anymore -or honestly speaking I have never been one in my life- and I am in my 30's but I love wearing this kind of subtle floral scent that makes me feel feminine and girly in a way.


The best thing about this product is how it makes my hair feel lighter and bouncier, yet not dry at all. My hair feels moisturising from the root to the end, but it does not weight down the hair. No matter which conditioner or hair mask I pair it with, it always makes my hair feel amazing.

I have nothing negative to say about this product, except how small it is. It says on the tin the weight is 200g,  but I believe that is not the actual weight of the contents -it feels much less than 200g. I have been using it for about a month now, and I am almost done with my first tin. I have never used up any shampoo within a month, unless it's just a tiny sample bottle that I get in a beauty subscription box. I would love to repurchase this product but I cannot simply justify myself spending 2,400yen every month on shampoo.

With that being said, this is a very effective shampoo that does what it claims. My scalp feels fresher, my hair feels smoother, and my roots have more volume than before. I highly recommend you to try it out if you are interested in it, but I personally am not sure if I should keep repurchasing it in the long term. Definitely an interesting product!