My Morning Skincare Routine -Spring 2015


Spring has come! It's been pretty warm in Tokyo though it still gets chilly at night. As my skin has been in a good condition, I thought to write about my current morning skincare routine today.


Bellissima Skin Booster  is the latest addition to my skincare routine. This cleansing brush is from Italy I believe, and came with 4 different brushes. I tend to use the brush for sensitive skin on my face, and the one for normal skin on my decollete. It's not as harsh because the brush doesn't spin, and the bristles are pretty soft. I'm hooked on it because it makes my skin feel like a baby's butt.

Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, which is supposed to work as a makeup remover as well as a face wash, is one of the worst makeup removers as it doesn't remove anything. But on the other hand, this is the best face wash ever! It's so gentle yet does remove dirt and excess oil, without stripping the natural oil on the skin. Every time I wash my face with it, my skin feels so smooth that I cannot stop touching it...!


Hada Lab Skin Conditioner is a very basic lotion that hydrates and balances. I take a generous amount on a cotton pad, and gently pat it on my skin without scrubbing it. It prevents acne, and controls the oil production. It's the best lotion to use in the morning, because it's hydrating yet not too heavy. 


My Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer SPF 20 is nearly empty actually, and I cannot repurchase it as it's not available in Japan. I haven't decided which day cream I buy after using this one up, let me know if you have a recommendation for combination skin! This is such a lovely moisturiser to use all year round! It's pretty basic, but it moisturises and protects the skin which is pretty mush everything I want from a day cream. 

This Clinique All About Eyes Rich is a mini that I got online last year to take to Okinawa. Though it's tiny, it seems to last forever! It does not reduce the appearance of dark circles as the official website claims, sorry, but it does smooths the wrinkles and creates the perfect canvas for concealers.

Nighttime skincare routine will be up soon x