Need a touch-up during the day? Give KATE Quick Remake Liquid a try!


KATE Quick Remake Liquid 1,400yen
I heard you actually had summer in the UK this year. In Japan, it had been pretty chilly before the raining season started, then we had a proper raining season where you have to ban wearing a pair of white jeans, and even after the raining season, it hasn't been a hot sunny summer. I miss days that it's like 35 degrees outside, and super sunny that it even hurts your skin. 

Apparently I cannot enjoy that feeling this summer. But still it has been hot and humid, meaning my makeup tends to slide off. I wear my makeup for about 15 hours when I'm working, and my skin tends to get shiny at 10am when I get to work after 1.5 hours of traveling from my house to the central Tokyo. I use my oil-blotting films like 5 times a day. Meaning, my foundation kind of wears off in the evening. 

That's when this product comes in handy. Basically it's a very light liquid foundation that you can use on top of your foundation. It freshens up the look while covering up the pores and discolouration, and aloso moisturising the skin.


It's a very light texture that becomes like a powder when applied on the skin. It's great that it doesn't leave a greasy or oily residue on the skin and also that you don't need to carry a face powder around. I love how light it feels on the skin, almost like nothing's on, and it covers up the visible pores on my cheeks perfectly. It makes my skin surface silky smooth afterwords, and makes me look like I just applied my makeup on. Impressive! It also has SPF25 PA++ effect too to protect the skin from the sun damage. 

I got mine from a drugstore near my house, and I think it was around 1,000yen as they had a discount offer going on. I've been using it for almost 2 months I think, and it's got like 90% left still as I only need a tiny bit at a time.

I think it's a genius idea to make a product that is only for the touch-ups during the day. I love how it turns to a powder like texture on the skin, which is perfect for summer. I also love the fact it doesn't make my skin look cakey, I'm guessing that it would be suitable in winter too as it's pretty moisturising. I'm looking forward to trying this out in colder season! What do you think of this product? Would you like to try?