CANMAKE Stay-On Balm Rouge


CANMAKE Stay-On Balm Rouge 580yen
I came across this product when I was browsing around in PLAZA. I was not even thinking of buying another lipstick but it caught my attention somehow. At that time I was looking for a nude lipstick that  I can reapply anytime I want without a mirror, because it was right before I went on vacation.

This shade 04, Savonly Lily, seemed to be perfect for me. The concept of this product inbetween a lipbalm and a lipstick, is very similar to Revlon Lip Butter. It doesn't give stain on your lips -which I thought it would from the name of it- but it gives moisture like a lipbalm while giving a colour to your lips.


This is a very neutral shade that would be perfect for work. It's an orangy caramel beige with a hint of pink. It glides on very smoothly like a lipbalm.


It looks very natural on my lips as if I'm only wearing a lipbalm. It is buildable but it won't make a huge change even if you apply it 3 times. The more you layer it, the more it becomes beigy. It doesn't have shimmer but it gives this very lovely glossy effect on my lips  and make them look fuller.

It does not dry out my lips which is another bonus considering the price, and I have pretty sensitive lips. The staying power is not amazing, because it comes off easily when I eat or drink, but it's not a big issue because I can reapply it without a mirror!

Overall I think this is a very good product. Pigmentation of this particular shade isn't too good but other shade for example 01 which is a pure red, has much better pigmentation compare to this shade. Maybe that's simply because 04 is more like a nude shade, but if you are looking for a shade which shows up on your lips strongly, then 04 might not be your shade. I personally love this shade and I've been wearing it often. Another good product from CANMAKE!